His & Hers

Well, I managed to break the ceramic cup we kept our toothbrushes in. :grimacing:
Glowforge to (my) rescue! Clear tube, fluorescent 1/4" green and purple mirror acrylic

Nicer than an old communal cup anyway.

35 Likes

ROFL! I’m loving the little Maker skull and crossbones! Those are really clever! :smile:

3 Likes

Not my art. I needed to bang these out, and just before I glued them up it occurred to me - “why not an engraving also?” :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
A rose was a quick solution for her, but I was trying to think of something for mine. Well I’m a gearhead, and Pirate would be a good description of my alter ego so when I saw that - I had found it. :crazy_face:

10 Likes

How’d you cut the tube? Or did you buy it that way? (Would be a great idea for the guest room.)

2 Likes

I cut it on the miter saw, stood the tube up on a piece of wet,wet or dry 320 sandpaper and stroked it smooth. Then a quick flame polish with a propane torch. I don’t know why the top edges look rough in the pic, they’re not.
Also I like the way the clear carries the green right up to that top edge.

5 Likes

Wow, custom toothbrush holders—awesome idea!

2 Likes

The personalization is killer on these!!!

2 Likes

I forgot how nice a flame polish does on acrylic. Thanks for the reminder. Great projects!

2 Likes

Probably just the way the light is refracting up the inside of the tube wall.

1 Like