Hit the Ground running!

Our GF finally arrived yesterday on my daughters 13th birthday and, though we had practically the entire day planned out, we were able to squeeze in an hour or so to set it up and fire it up!!

I will start by saying that since we made the original purchase (4/14) I have tried to be diligent in reading up on the manual but would have to say that most of what I learned while waiting was here on the forum reading after all the “regulars”.
All that to say that our test cut on the Gift of Good Measure came out perfectly!!

It was so easy we went ahead and jumped straight into our intended purpose for our GF and Grabbed the leather we’ve had on hands for weeks in anticipation…. We placed in on the crumb tray, selected the PG leather setting that we assumed would be the closest to our non-PG leather we were using, and pressed the “ Play” button…. AND….

Voila!!
Just wanted to thank GF for a great machine but, most of all, this great community that prepared us for success from the minute the dashboard said “Ready to Print”.
Thanks to all the great info here and our precision equipment, we were able to “hit the ground running”!!

Quick edit…. That was our second print…. I had forgotten but this was our first print…

And another for good measure…

Thanks,
Chad

54 Likes

Those look great. Welcome to the forum, we look forward to see all you create.

5 Likes

Welcome to the community. A few links to assist you.

Glowforge SETTINGS - Google Drive

Box Designer

Free SVG Image & Icon. | SVG Silh

Made with Forge - Tips, Tutorials, and Freebies for Glowforge

Glowforge Customers Training Center - Tips and Tricks, Handy Links - Google Sheets

13 Likes

Welcome to the forum.
Happy Birthday to your daughter and congrats to you for being ready for your Glowforge. It is obvious you were well prepared. I wish you continued success.

8 Likes

It looks like you’re going to really enjoy your GF!

7 Likes

Those look great! Wonderful start!

4 Likes

What a great start! I really like the badges for the hats.

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum family! Glad to have you here! Great first projects.

6 Likes

The community here is the best accessory for your glowforge, powered by all of the diverse creative, knowledgeable, and friendly people who were inspired by this machine.
Glad you joined us! :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Congrats on your new Glowforge! Some great first projects!

6 Likes

You are off to a great start! Beautiful hats!

3 Likes

Love to see the advance prep you have done, and it really paid off with your success. Have fun!

7 Likes

Wow, awesome start! Congrats and we’re happy to have you here.

6 Likes

Congratulations and you are off to a wonderful start. I have a feeling you will agree with the advice I have given numerous times and you took upon yourself, that by learning as much as you could here on the forum before your machine ever arrived set you up for success.

7 Likes

You’re off to a great start! Welcome to the family. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Welcome!

12 Likes

Holy cow man - thanks for putting all of that there!

4 Likes

I’m late to the party, but welcome and congratulations! You’ve done great work for first projects.

Happy Birthday to your daughter, too.

2 Likes

How did you stick the patches on the hats? Looks awesome!

After I read your response immediately I started laughing.

Today is your lucky day. I feel like being a fairy godmother. . I am going to PM you with an advanced website and app list. It has at least 20 different links all dedicated to lasering and the Glowforge.

You will get it first and then I will figure out where to put it in the community for everyone else.

Give me a couple of days.

Warmly,
Elena

3 Likes