Hold My Be....Books!

So this project actually started out as a joke and then turned into a real life finished product. Last week I was playing Catan with friends in PA online. While playing one friend asked me if it was possible to even make bookends and I said sure it is. Well while we were playing in between turns I had AI open and worked on making a joke bookend of the circle game which is their Discord icon.

Everyone got a laugh out of it, but then I started to think, well I’ve went this far what’s just a few more quick steps?! A few turns later and I had the file designed out and ready to upload.

After I cut it I realized my layout neglected 1/8" on the tabs because I didn’t mate it up in the design, so I had to cut one additional layer. In the end that worked in my favor because it added just a little more weight.

I used Ohua markers to “stain” the draft board, and if you use the chisel edge you can get a woodgrain effect in my opinion.

42 Likes

Very cool but my mind keeps wanting to put a big marble for the finger to flick

6 Likes

Neat idea! :grinning:

4 Likes

Very creative project, and very well executed!

3 Likes

Oh that is very cute. Nice job!

3 Likes

Loved it! well done!

3 Likes

You have to be an A++++ type person to do this between turns.

2 Likes

Luckily it was on Tabletop Simulator, and it was scripted so every roll of the dice automatically dealt the resource cards out. Had that not been the case, yeah I would never had been able to focus.

1 Like

Those are fun!!! Nice work!

Yesssssss! Or maybe a bug or something!

1 Like