Homing issues today - help!

After using my glowforge this morning, I’m now having ‘homing’ issues. The printer head keeps bumping the right side and making an abrupt noise. After turning it off, I reseated the head, repositioned it directly under the camera lens (was advised in another post) and now it’s just stuck in ‘homing’ mode with the head at the lower right corner. Anyone else encountered this issue?

What is in the bed? Do you have a full sheet of material? Is it empty? Are there large blank spots in material where you have removed items. Sometimes the lid camera image gets confused with that.

Facing the Glowforge, with the lid opening before you, the back left is where the head usually starts from. Of course we may be talking about the same position.

Thanks for the reply! I’m close to panic mode here as I’m working on a deadline today:P I have a full sheet of material in there. I just wiped down the camera lens as well as the other lenses since they were a little dirty. After I did that this problem started. Yes, it’s stuck on the right side - super strange.

Go ahead and turn off. Put it all the way to the back left and turn it back on again. You might want to check your wifi connection. Sometimes people cycle through a router reboot to redo the connection. There are a couple topics to check on in that.

Even though it seems that there is not change in your wifi at home, interference with the channels can come from exterior signals.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry you hit a snag!

I see you already emailed us about this and we’ve worked on it there, so I’m going to close this thread.

If you have other questions or run into any other trouble, feel free to post a new topic, or reach out to us directly at support@glowforge.com.