Honeycomb bed holdown pins

Yeah, the stands haven’t been as well adopted as I had hoped. The stands mostly live alongside the loose pegs now–in a box. :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

I cut a small box from cardboard that lives on the side panel next to the lid. I use a number of hold-down solutions so a box is more convenient anyway.

3 Likes

Thank you! Great print.

3 Likes

I printed several of these pins. They are very nice. However they won’t fit into my honeycomb black glowforge grid. What material thickness did you use? I used medium draftboard. I know I’m probably doing something wrong. I tried forcing them in and they won’t go, I made sure the material was removed from the expansion slot in the pin.
Thank you,
Terry

Not sure what could be the issue here. I have made them from draftboard scraps, although they broke as they are not as robust as using ply. Medium Maple Ply works great, as does THD-sourced Maple ply, which is 5/32"…

3 Likes

They frequently go in at one angle, but not the reverse - and they don’t go in straight - have you tried rotating?

If they’re significantly too big it’s also possible you accidently resized them when moving.

/uploads/db6859/optimized/3X/7/e/7e8dfc909a0bb2f4b4b9f3fdb66288842f978cd5_2_666x500.jpeg

7 Likes

My honeycomb has holes that are clearly wider in one direction than the other, the holes are more oblong or football shaped. I’m going to try reducing the size and see whether I can create one set for each orientation.

5 Likes

So glad to know I’m not the only one. I have a couple that i need to drill out or something because they stuck and broke off.

4 Likes

i thought that was a feature, not a bug

5 Likes

FYI, they’re stuck in a laser bed! Run a criss cross of cuts over them and they’ll fall out the bottom like the confetti you just turned them into (ok, it’ll be an out of focus score, but still) :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I need to cut new ones, because they do wear down. It was definitely a feature at the beginning - now it’s more of a bug because there are so many holes they just won’t stick into :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

They only fit one way in my bed… It is not symmetrical.

1 Like

I liked the insert and twist to hold that happens when they are fresh. when that stops working, they get tossed. I cut new ones on the margins when supplies run low.

5 Likes

i tried searching several keywords but couldn’t any crumb tray pins. Just downloaded the link and made my first cut! I love these and they’ll come in handy with so many designs in the making <3

7 Likes

This might be the most popular post on the forum. Glad you found 'em!

3 Likes