Hooray for the truly generous forum members

So grateful for the incredibly generous members here who share their knowledge and learning — it is invaluable and I really appreciate it. So grateful for @Jules and her tutorials — a true gift as I move ahead learning how to work with Ildanach. This was my latest after a lot of work in Illustrator for a simple combination of cut and engrave.

58 Likes

I’m right there with you! This community is fantastic.

9 Likes

Ha! That is AWESOME. VERY nice work!

Looks like you missed the masking on his right ear (left side). The camera always picks it up better than my eyes!

4 Likes

Oh he is adorable! (And perfectly aligned…congratulations!) :grinning::wink:

6 Likes

The community is the strength behind the product for sure.

Great job!

7 Likes

Yes, this community is second only to the glowforge in value to me, and Jules pouring herself into those tutorials for our benefit. A gift that will keep on giving!

7 Likes

Very cute–you did a great job on it!

3 Likes

LOL – you know, I just saw that after posting the picture :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That is really cool, nice job! I second that! @Jules tutorials have, and continue to, save my bacon. I have my student workers studying those right now!

4 Likes

I’ll third this!

Though it’s worth adding that the tutorials were put together by several forum members, not just @Jules. Pretty sure she spearheaded the whole thing, but she had help from @jbmanning5, @jbv , @markevans36301, @jamesdhatch , @cynd11, @marmak3261 and … I’m so sorry, but I’m sure that I’ve forgotten a few. These people shared their knowledge (for fun and for free) as a gift to this community.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your effort.

9 Likes

Ditto this. All I did was collate the data. :smile:

4 Likes

You’re welcome! I believe @johnwills wrote a bunch of them as well.

7 Likes

Hahaha–too modest! You wrote the vast majority of them!

3 Likes

Only for one or two programs. It was a group effort all the way. :grinning:

In addition to the handful of wonderful generous people who wrote for the design team, I went through the forum and tried to capture tutorials written by all the members here, so it really is a group effort.

7 Likes

Yes, I failed to acknowledge all the others who contributed. It is those (too many to name) with the experience I lack who have been so helpful in helping me get a handle on this.

4 Likes

You all are so awesome, I appreciate the heck out of you!:sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

Great work - you’re on your way to Illustrator mastery!

2 Likes