Hope to make one of these Helicones

As I have said on these forums before (quoting Red Green), “If the women don’t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.” It helped me land a wife.

11 Likes

“Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati”

2 Likes

I think it’s important to approach all repair work with the question “can I do this myself?”

Then I like to follow it with “but do I have to?”

7 Likes

Have Tools - Will Travel :racehorse:

Planning a road trip, coworker asked wife "Do you have triple A?"
Wife; "No, I’ve got Dave."
Nicest thing she ever said about me.

8 Likes

LOL, I have AAA, been a member since I started driving.

2 Likes

tripleA+ gives you 3 100-mile tows, and lets you stack them (at least they used to, I havn’t been a member for a while). Between two people we had enough tows left to drag a 4-runner from Moab to Boulder after one particularly rough day on Metal Masher.

4 Likes

I keep my AAA membership up mostly for the towing benefits for my 1952 Willys truck.

5 Likes

That is the truth. I had a hard time when I first started my sign shop because I knew how much I payed for the vinyl and other materials. Now I get mad at all the people that are selling stuff outrageously cheap. Took some time to understand all the overhead that comes with it.

3 Likes

@Jules, that would be very attractive. Smart move dumping the Porsche guy :slight_smile: I brought the tools to our relationship, though I’m certainly not good enough to switch out a fuel pump in the Auto Zone parking lot.
He’s a pretty great guy, and he lets me tear down walls, reroute electricity, and rearrange the house however I want… never a complaint, plus an account dedicated to my Home Depot visits.

3 Likes

ROFL! There is a downside to “tool junkies”…at least two to three Home Depot runs each Saturday and Sunday. (Why he can’t make a list before he goes, I’ll never know!) :smile:

7 Likes

Only just now watched the video of the toy in action. There are stops of some sort in place to give two preferred layouts. That does ramp up the file complexity a little bit.

1 Like

Maybe he needs a better list tool?

1 Like

But…but…all the toys need to be looked at. If there’s a list, it’s so very limiting.

2 Likes

Must confess - I’m the same way in craft stores. Guess it evens out! :smirk:

3 Likes

Oh, I thought we were talking about taking a list so we didn’t forget anything, not to limit our selection. Making a comprehensive list of all the tools you want is crazy; that’d be like asking someone to write a list of all the people they will ever love in the future. You just can’t know until you know.

6 Likes

Well of course we were. but…still…eventually I’ll have a use for every one of those tools. Even if I have to invent it! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

My wife says I pick projects to do based on which ones I’d need (get) to buy new tools for. I disagree - I always do 2 projects with new tools; the first pays for the tool and the second is extra return on the investment :grinning:

5 Likes