Horrendous shipping cost to Canada

Except the border is closed for travel from Canada to the US. Also I’m sure some of the Canadian customers are many many hours north of the border as well. The forwarding service is a good option for those who are close and can drive across without having to take a ferry. In my case there would be little savings were I to pay the two way ferry.
I sincerely think GF should look into cheaper options for shipping outside the US.

1 Like

I am well aware that Glowforge has no warehouse in Washington and that everything comes from Kentucky…. I used the address label off the Glowforge box. In my situation, the Washington address is twice as far, from us, and as such should have been much higher is I was shipping to Kentucky…. Make all the excuses, for Glowforge, you want, you are not being fleeced. If I can ship to the US, with brokerage fees included, for a 1/10 what Glowforge charges to ship to me, there is a problem

I think my earlier anecdotal comment might have slipped thru the cracks.

I mailed, via USPS, an identically-sized tube to the UK for substantially less than what Glowforge charged to send to me a lid cable, in a tube, via FedEx, from Grapevine, TX.

The cost would have been the same, or cheaper, to send to Canada. Most international stuff I’ve sent was pretty much the same either to there or across the pond, but I haven’t sent North of the border in several years. My family is in the UK, however.

1 Like

Thank you, you support my claim. I have no idea what is going on with Glowforge, but unless people are willing to call them out, they will continue. As I said, if I knew, before I ordered my machine, I would not have. As a point, I have since ordered a CNC Machine, but went out of my way not to order a US made…I don’t want the same issue with another machine.

1 Like

I don’t understand this either, I can’t buy PG materials because of it. I would like to but I just can’t afford it.

1 Like

Nice!

I do.

I would never purchase a GF if I didn’t live in the US. Not criticizing those who have. It just makes no economic sense. It’s fantastic value here, not so much when you have to factor in the inevitable parts and repairs…

3 Likes

This sounds like an error to me. My guess is they have a default package size that shipping is calculated based on. That default size is for something far larger. The tool probably doesn’t have correct shipping size assigned to it, so it uses the default.

Where in Canada are. I have a 2nd lens replacement tool I can send you for significantly less than $150.

I really wish it was an error. It’s not the first thing I have tried to order, but it was the first I was forced to order. To help reduce the cost, I also ordered a new lens (just in case), a new lid cable (cause I have already had one fail under warranty) and 4 lens removal tools ( plan on selling them to other Canadians for the cost plus 1/4 of the shipping)… won’t pay for the shipping, but it will help reduce the cost, somewhat

1 Like

They implied that there would be much better international support after a year with localized repair people.

That never happened. I regret my purchase.

You are not the only one. I expect a higher shipping cost, because of the international boarder, but not 10 times the cost…. And then to be told, by some, to “stop whining, it’s the cost of doing business” is nothing but an insult.

1 Like

It’s not the cost of doing business though. I ship and receive packages from all around the world all the time. And they never cost me more than about $60. For things far larger and heavier.

This is the cost of incompitence on glowforge’s end. Nothing less. There’s no excuse for it. Period.

1 Like

Agreed

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.