How Can You Move a Design to Several Pages

So, I have several images I am trying to print with my Glowforge. One is a box I created from Box-o-Matic, an app that works with .svg files. The images are too big for the size of work I can put in to the bed of the Glowforge. I have tried moving the individual pieces around, but there seems to be no way where they do not overlap. If I could create another page, I could print out part of the box design (if I can move the pieces around to those pages). Any ideas?

In a similar idea, I have tried printing out the Classic Barista Coffee maker. It comes in 3 pages with the first having the acrylic support posts and two other pages. The third page also has this problem of that there are too many pieces to cover a typical size sheet of plywood that is Proofgrade (12" x 20"). I have also tried to move the pieces around to optimize the space on the plywood, but they computer says there is an “error” and shows the cut lines off of the material or overlapping. Whaaaa?

Copy the image, delete some of the parts and do it in 2 separate jobs?

Divide the file into two or three color sets that fit into the GFUI work area. Put each “page” set into a different layer. Turn the layers on and off in importing. Or just ignore the set you don’t want to cut.

3 Likes

Thanks for the help, @marmak3261. That should help with the Box-o-Matic file. @celticflute52, could you give this a try and let us know how it goes?

As for the Classic Barista Coffee Maker design, I’m afraid we’ll need more information to investigate further.

If possible, could you please send me a screenshot of what you see in the Glowforge app when you try to print page 3 of this design? Make sure to include the rulers in your screenshot and show as much of the bed as possible.

To take a screenshot:

• Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop.
  • Windows: Click on the Start Menu and type “snipping tool”. Open the Snipping Tool > New then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file.

Send us the screenshot (or post it in a reply to this thread), and we’ll be happy to take a look.

I’ve been trying to do this since last night. I was in inkscape trying to create layers with different colors for the layers. No can do right now, chief.

I’d just open the SVG file in Inkscape, and then copy half the parts into a new file. Save that one as SVG part 2 and you’re good to go.

1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.