How cold is cold?

My Glowforge is in an unimproved section of the barndiminium and it is supposed to get in the twenties as low as the teens- do I need to bring it inside the house til it warms up? Will the tube break? I’m new- only a week today. Please help.

I think you’re not supposed to let them get below 40ºF. I’d bring it inside if I were you!

5 Likes

Ok ty I am freaking out and my husband is not - thank you so much

1 Like

To prolong the life of your Glowforge unit and to reduce the risk of fire or mechanical failure, do not put the Glowforge unit where it could experience:

• Extreme temperature or humidity
    • Temperatures below 40 degrees Fahrenheit (5 Celsius) or over 120 degrees Fahrenheit (48 Celsius)
    • Extreme humidity conditions (below 10% or more than 75%)
    • If venting outdoors, ensure that changing conditions do not cause extreme temperatures or humidity to enter the Glowforge unit through the exhaust hose. Disconnect the hose from the outside air when the Glowforge is not in use.
  • Direct sunlight
  • Rain, moisture, or liquids
  • Excessive hair, dust, or small particles
  • Loose materials such as paper or a tablecloth that could be sucked into the air intake on the bottom of the Glowforge

Please print when the ambient temperature is within the following ranges. Printing outside these ranges may cause your print to pause periodically or fail to complete.

For the Glowforge Basic and Plus: Between 60 degrees Fahrenheit (16 Celsius) and 75 degrees Fahrenheit (24 Celsius)

Pro: Between 60 degrees Fahrenheit (16 Celsius) and 81 degrees Fahrenheit (27 Celsius)