How do I do this in inkscape?

I saw this on an advertisement and was like, gasp how do I do that?!

2 Likes

Looks like it’s just a couple of different fonts. You can find thousands of free fonts at DaFont.com. Pick a few that you like, download them and install them on your device and Inkscape will display them for use.

2 Likes

Is it just laying one font over the other or is it doing something special with monogram?

Not to speak for @jules, but “kind of”.

With text you have to convert the letters to outlines. There have been lots of threads on this, let me see if I can dig one up for you.

1 Like

Aha, @eflyguy bringing his usual efficiency:

1 Like

Thanks…just switched to tablet for workout…it will be a while before I can get back downstairs! :hot_face:

1 Like

Did you just want to engrave them? You realize that you will only have one color to work with (burned) so if you overlay the two names, any place that the two names overlap will either burn twice, or fail to engrave if they are filled with the same color, unless you correct for it.

If you want to try to approximate a lighter gray shade for the second name, you can just create the names and overlap them the way you want them to be…use a very LIGHT gray colored fill for the script name, and black for the first name. Then select everything and make a Bitmap copy. (Edit > Make Bitmap Copy.) Shift that out of the way and delete the original text names underneath. Then use a Photo Engrave setting in the Glowforge program to engrave it. You’ll get a dithered effect that will make the second name appear lighter. (Test it on something first to see if you like it.)

That effect is printed with ink on that phone, it isn’t lasered. But you might be able to duplicate the effect of the names on appropriate materials using the Bitmap copy.

1 Like

Hmm that is an issue I have that it burns twice. Especially with monogram work.
I’m going to have to try that and see how it is. Thanks!!

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.