How do I order the black cable?

I have been in touch with support via email, but there has been a big time lag since my last response. I would like to order a black cable for the lid and get instructions for installation. I need to get a PO processed with my school so I need all the Company info, price, tax, shipping, forms of acceptable payment. What is the lead time once it is paid for?

I have exhausted all effort to get my GF to “wake up” from initial callibration. It is stuck with the last scan in the app and will not update an image. It won’t go through start up procedure.:

• check wifi (I tried my phone’s hot spot to see if it was a wifi problem in the building)
  • checked all the cable clips under the lid, they are all flat and look good
  • tried opening lid, turn off, turn on, leave open for updates to finish
  • tried getting green button, power off, power on
  • used zeiss wipes on lid camera, sides of head (I didn’t clean inside the head yet)…let me know if I should do this
  • I am concerned because prior to freeze-up, the purple light was coming on instead of white. I didn’t know that was a big red flag at the time.

If you have any other tips, please let me know. I would definitely like a cable. I can see when the lid is fully open that it tightens agains the frame of the base. I’m hoping that’s the issue and that it resolves easily.

If you have been in touch with support, they are working on it. (That’s the right thing to do…if you sent them an email.)

They will send you an email with the invoice for it when they get it ready to ship, so check your spam folder to make sure it didn’t wind up there. (And it can take several days for you to get the invoice, so just keep an eye out for it…)

Did support tell you that your issue would likely be resolved with a new cable?

As a general rule, you don’t want to open the lid all the way, just stop short of all the way open. Those hinges will keep the lid open at around 50% so no reason to.
I’ve had to adopt that into my method just because of the recent issues with that ribbon cable. I haven’t had trouble, but I intend to avoid it.

Currently there are a limited number of hardware items available in the Glowforge shop, but support will fix you up with one.

1 Like

Yes… they think so. I have my fingers crossed on this one. I’ve read a lot of stories about that black cable! Thanks for the reply.

Thanks for the tip. I use the Glowforge in a middle school elective. I think I’ll mount a strap or some kind of limiting device on that lid. I’m one of those teachers who really wants the students to use the tools themselves. I need to be more proactive with my defense! I appreciate your reply.

4 Likes

OK, great - didn’t want you replacing it then still having an issue. Would be great to hear back that your issue is resolved.

1 Like

A fail safe. Excellent idea in that application.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. I need the black cable. I haven’t had a response in FIVE DAYS. I have not been able to print over a week now and I have conventions lined up and my inventory is LOW.

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.

@louissanders I’m so sorry for the delay! I’ve followed up on your email as well.

1 Like