How do I upload a file that will create a cut?

Nope I opened it in the GFUI last night, no problems. Then converted it to Cut within the GFUI, no issues.

Everyone else seems to be making extra work for themselves when the GFUI allows you to swap a vector back and forth between cut or engrave without having to re-edit in the original design software.

2 Likes

The GFUI allows you to change a filled vector to a cut, and a stroked vector to an engrave, easy peezy. :slight_smile:

With that circular file - you were able to upload and convert to cut in the GFUI? I uploaded it and it only shows engrave. When I click to switch to cut it says " bitmap files cannot be cut"… So it’s not letting me convert to cut with any uploaded .svg file… even ones I’ve downloaded from this forum for cut files .

1 Like

You have to go back to the “Home” screen and upload the circle, then it comes in as a vector.

If you use the “Add Artwork” button, it converts the circle into a bitmap then you can not change it to a cut.

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic. Go ahead and post a new topic if you have another question!