How Do You Add Instructions for Your Designs

After creating quite a few different designs on the Glowforge I am noticing that when I go back to an old design I start getting settings and such mixed up. Is there a way for me to add instructions to my own designs? Or are the instructions a feature ONLY for designs bought off the shop?

It would be really helpful if I could just have a little area for each design to add some notes.

Please help! :):woozy_face:

They are just for purchased designs.

You should save your designs and any necessary additional information locally. There is no guarantee that uploaded designs will be there, or associated settings saved, next time you need them.

1 Like

Currently, yes, they are the only ones who can add notes. (But that might change one day, it hasn’t been high priority with everything else going on, but it is in the hopper.)

3 Likes

Until that section is made available to use you can put a lot of info in the title, after three lines worth it gets truncated but click rename and it is all there.

7 Likes

I usually put stuff like that in the file itself as text, but I don’t convert the text to path. That way, it doesn’t get pulled in as an element that will get an action in the left hand list. Of course, it also doesn’t show in the UI either I don’t think, so maybe not that helpful.

5 Likes

That’s a great idea for a feature - thanks for the suggestion! We haven’t announced anything like that yet, but I’m going to send it to our product team with a note that it came from a customer request.

If you run into trouble with your unit, or have any questions, please post a new topic here on the forum or email us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be happy to help!

2 Likes