How I Make Wood and Plexiglass Light Catchers

Lovely work! How wonderful for you to take the time to write up a tutorial and share your work! Thank you!

another option if you want mirrored plexi but have transparent… looking glass spray paint on the back after the fact might work!

1 Like

Great idea and also a lot of technical detail. Congrats.
You’re also sharing the teaching moments for the preparation, it’s really easy to follow. I’m pretty sure you put a lot of trial and error to get to this stage. Tks for sharing.

I am also cutting with plexiglass. Can you please share the setting you used?

Forum rules limit discussion of settings for non-PG materials to the “Beyond the Manual” section. Here’s a search that might help you find what you’re looking for:

https://community.glowforge.com/search?expanded=true&q=%23beyond-the-manual%20plexiglas

1/8 Plexiglass Speed 145 Power 85
3/16 Plexiglass Speed 110 Power 100

Thanks
jim

1 Like

Wonderful! Thank you so much for providing the tutorial and files!

We’re going to try making some designs like this. The transparent tape at your link is pretty expensive ($50 for their smallest box of 100, plus $40 shipping to my country). You can buy smaller packs at at aliexpress. We got a box of 25 for $18 with free shipping. (search: FUNCOLOUR professional special layer 80 micron thickness A4 transparent clear sticker)

1 Like