How long does it take for Glowforge to reply to emails?

I e-mailed GF 3 times yesterday that my glowforge was damaged by FedEx in transit. I have had no reply. Beyond frustrated
Thanks

One business day. So, 24hrs or less typically, during weekdays.

1 Like

Dang, that’s a huge buzzkill. Support will get you taken care of though.
Wish your first post had been one of excitement, but that will come. Welcome to the forum!

One thing to keep in mind is that duplicate support tickets can really bog down a support system and make response times longer. Each new email you send and each post in the Problems and Support area creates a new ticket, and they have to wade through and resolve all of those. As long as you got the automated response to your email, you know yours has reached their system, so the best thing to do after that is be patient and wait. Or, instead of emailing, post here, and then we can keep you company while you wait. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am replying to a string and I never receive an acknowledgement

Arlene Morgan

Their turnaround time is anywhere from a few hours to about a business day now. Not going to matter how many times you email or reply to the original automated email, the original email gets a ticket assigned to it, goes into a queue, and they will respond to it when your turn comes up. (It’s like those old fashioned “Take a Number” things.)

It’s not terribly popular, but they will address your problem as soon as they can. If you provided as much information for them as possible in your first contact, (such as pictures of the damage so they can evaluate it), they can move more quickly towards getting your replacement started. The machines are built at a separate factory when they are ordered, they are not sitting around in a warehouse, so that process has to be started. And their policy is to not contact you until the next steps are ready for you to take, they don’t have the manpower to keep responding to emails from the same customers when there is nothing new to report, so try to not to let it frustrate you if you don’t hear back immediately.

You don’t need to worry though about not hearing from them immediately. They will get it squared away. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Then they may not be receiving your emails, or their responses may be going to your spam folder. :frowning:

1 Like

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re currently working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.