How long does uploading usually take

How long does a upload usually take

really depends on the file. can be seconds or 15mins

Then I may have a issue it has been over a hour

yeah ive never waited that long. usually i give up and edit my file to me a smaller about a bytes or look for errors in what ive done. for me anyway the issue almost always tends to be my fault

This is my first try does it have to be a specific type file

All depends on what you are trying to do. All my files are .SVG format and i use inkscape. What are you trying to do?

Trying to print out business logo from a picture

What format is the image and what size is it?

PNG FILE may be too large 248 kb

I dont think thats the problem png are fine, and i think we can upload up to 30MB files. Might be having wifi issues?

Ok I will double check my wi fi thank you for your help will keep you posted!

PNG files can be uploaded in the app screen??? I didn’t think they could…now I have to go try it!

EDIT: Yep, they can! But mine only took a minute. @wracki, I’m thinking you need to reload your browser and try again!

1 Like

I always thought they could but i might be crazy, need to check myself and see.

I just uploaded a random PNG (screenshot from a post I made yesterday), 370kB, took 6 seconds.

1 Like

See above. :slight_smile:

Not at all. I have worked with bitmaps that are ten times that size or more.

Refresh and try again. If you’re still having problems, it could be the file itself. For some reason, I want to say that 16-bit PNGs May not be supported (very well could be wrong on that).

2 Likes

I’m sorry you ran into trouble when trying to set up your first print. I’m glad to see you’ve already received some advice from other community members. Thanks folks!

Please let us know if you were able to upload your design after checking your Wi-Fi. If you’re still running into trouble, we’ll be happy to help!

It looks like you’ve been able to print since contacting us. That’s great!

Since you have been able to print, I’m going to close this topic. If you’re still experiencing any trouble with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com and we’ll be happy to help.