How long will it take

Is there a way to find out how long a print will take without switching on the machine and hitting print?

Thanks!

1 Like

Nope. You have to turn the machine on and upload and put in settings to see how long it will take to print.

8 Likes

It does seem tedious, doesn’t it? But well worth it; I’ve caught major errors by checking the expected time. Doubled images, something set to ‘engrave’ that should have been cut, excessive complexity, etc.

2 Likes

Just trying to plan my day. Thank you.

This is one of the reasons my GF is on a Wi-Fi connected strip. I can turn it on from anywhere and get a time. Then turn it off without running it.

5 Likes

From anywhere, meaning you don’t have to get up and flip the switch? I guess that’s a nice touch.

2 Likes

yup. i just leave the GF switch turned on and i turn the machine on and off from the geeni wifi switch. i can be at my office 10 miles away and turn it on/off. just can’t start a job, which is good.

3 Likes

I like the TP-Link Kasa series, but I imagine they are all probably pretty similar.

I don’t use it for a laser, but I do use it for the glue machine. Since it takes about 45 minutes to an hour to fully warm up, I can put it on a Monday-Saturday schedule to turn on at 730a, and turn off at 430pm which makes it ready to go when I get in, and off when I head to the post office and home.

3 Likes

i don’t need a schedulable switch. but what i do like about the geeni i have is that it’s a 6 plug outlet and i can turn them all on at once or turn on individual plugs. so i have the GF in one, the fan in another.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.