How many preorders need to be shipped in December?

And that is slated for shipping sometime after the GF itself. Unless I misunderstood what was said about it in the forum, filter delivery will be several weeks after the GF, at a minimum. Possibly a month or more.

1 Like

I believe the comment is referring to the fact that the cost of the air filters are lumped into the total sales figure so that could throw off the estimates of Glowforges being shipped in December.

2 Likes

Way back in the day, Dan gave some details on the 30-day preorder campaign as far as a percentage breakdown of what was ordered. The pro was more popular than the basic.

2 Likes

Hi Cleetose,
Yep you got it right, but if i forget about that and assume the worst case lowest price only basic Glowforge the numbers go up from the ~10K.

HI Paul,
I didn’t know about the delayed shipping of the filters, that really sucks you get a machine you have to place in a location that has a window or you don’t use it for a lot of things you might otherwise experiment on to set parameters etc. Well I guess I could break out the cedar planks if its gonna smell then might as well smell good.
injection molds for this case, hmm I might have looked at a vacuum press(top and bottom mold half), less issues with wall thickness, and color variation.

1 Like

If I remember correctly the filter delay was talked about many months ago. May not be the case now. Worst case the buyer could delay shipment of the laser unit until the filters are ready.

1 Like

And if the sampling is indicative, not at all evenly distributed between states.

That’s probably mine…
:scream:

18 Likes

Great picture! Ya know that picture was probably taken in December, when all the delivery services hire tons of seasonal workers. Many of you will get thousands of GFs this December. @PlGHEADED this probably will happen to somebody’s GF…just sayin’. :scream: - Rich

2 Likes

I had re-asked about the filter timing recently, and this was Dan’s response:

1 Like