How many topics have you read?

Closing in on the 100,000 post mark combo of posts read, posts created. 1,200 more posts. Not that I’m keeping score, but it’s a milestone for the forum. I’d say it will happen pretty soon the way folks are participating and posting so well!

8 Likes

I’m at:

Sad part is all the time I spend in the forum at work not logged in… just reading and then re-reading when at home…

5 Likes

1 Like

4 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

Read time = 21d over 351 days!

3 Likes

I think dans got me beat in posts created.

2 Likes

1 Like

I seem to be a little bit behind in basically everything :slight_smile:

What is 6d read time?

2 Likes

The amount of time in 24 hour days that the system think you were in active read mode on the forum. Not sure how they calculate that. It’s got me at 28 days of read time. Hope it’s not accurate.

5 Likes

This is a guess, but when you click on a topic, it only loads a small number of posts, and as you scroll it sends a request to load more of them, so as long as they see activity happening for every certain interval of time, they will consider you actively reading. Its probably in the 1-3 minute range. As long as they are still getting requests, they keep adding time.

1 Like

Had to do this from my phone, but here it is :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Tend to keep busy all day in 15-20 minute intervals. Chop wood, practice tunes, watch TV, shovel snow, etc. and then go back and check my laptop for 2 minutes. So it probably thinks I never left. Heck even when I drive 30 minutes to town the first thing I do when I get in cell range is to check my phone. So I can be busy all day long and Discourse never thinks I stopped reading.

6 Likes

Apparently Discourse thinks you are a very, very slow reader.

6 Likes

If that’s the case, then those of us with large monitors would have lower read times since we often don’t have to scroll at all to see all the latest posts in a thread.

3 Likes

depends on how many they pre-load

2 Likes

Here are my stats:

Also nearly at 100,000 posts read! Also closing in on visiting the forum for 365 days… Do I get a cupcake or something for that? I’d settle for a piece of pie :wink:

5 Likes

Since the last posting of reading topics (end of Dec '16), it seems that there has been nearly 30K posts to the forums in 80 days:

Versus today:

Though reading 30K posts in 5 Days seems to be better reading skills than I’ve ever been know to read.

6 Likes