How many topics have you read?

Well @dan did his part by posting the pre-employment @smcgathyfay removal alert. That throttled down a bunch of potential posts from happening.

Although someone had to write a funny one in there about a conversation in Support that is generating a bunch of like posts :grinning:

6 Likes

And thatā€™s topics, not posts.

Soon!

Edit: now at 97.1k read and 3.0k created. If those add up to total posts, then we are over 100,000. Add in the messaging and then the whole beta section that only appears from time to time as appropriate, itā€™s a milestone.

5 Likes

It sounds like the race to 100K is on. :wink: Iā€™m not holding my breath to beat ya.

3 Likes

getting closeā€¦

10 Likes

Crap. Thought I was the only one. Now it comes down to which of us watches that number more closely.:wink:

5 Likes

Iā€™m happy to give you the honor of posting the magic number.

3 Likes

Yup, Iā€™m still in the low 70s, good luck to those who have a chance to be first to 100K.

2 Likes

We are impossibly tied, and since I have already won the Glowforge Lottery, you are hereby awarded the Golden Ticket.

7 Likes

Wow, canā€™t wait to trade the golden ticket for a chocolate GlowforgeĀ® Forge!

9 Likes

Careful ā€¦ @dan might take the example of the Nintendo Switch game cards and make the GF :glowforge: taste bad :upside_down: (maybe :poop: flavored) :laughing:

5 Likes

Almost all caught up after being offline for a week. Looks like 100k will happen this coming week!

6 Likes

Tomorrow early evening.

I bet you calculated the avg posts/day for that projection. :wink:

1 Like

I donā€™t know where the final topics are that Iā€™m missing! I have 97.7K and Iā€™ve manually gone through every section and scrolled to the very bottom of each one. I donā€™t have any that are still black.

3 Likes

I donā€™t either! Iā€™m in the same situation as you (actually 97.6k, whereā€™d you find the other 100?). If you figure it out, let me know!

You might only be one post apart if Discourse rounds the number: 97,649 vs 97,650!

Edit: I guess that could be true even if they truncate the number: 97,699 vs 97,700.

1 Like

I am in the same boat. I am showing 98.7, but I have only been on the forum for 13 months. If some posts were flagged or maybe taken down , this might explain the discrepancy. I would bet that the oldest (earliest) members are the ones with the most topics read. :relaxed:

1 Like

Or it could have been when Dan transferred whole blocks of posts to consolidate topics. I recall they became unread for me, so I got double credit for reading them again.

4 Likes

Donā€™t forget to add in all your own posts separately which arenā€™t figured into posts read. I believe also there are some posts from the very early days regarding orders and cancels that might not be available any more.

Also. I wonder if the messages are figured in like this. If you have a lot of PMs does that figure into totals?

1 Like