How to Complete a print that was stopped halfway through?

I was in the process of printing a project and somehow the data cable connecting the printer head came loose and stopped midway through the project. I corrected the issue, but how can I re-start the print from where i left off? Seems a shame to just toss the material!

I believe you are going to need to restart the print. You had to open the lid to fix the cable and that kills the print. :neutral_face:

I am going to restart the print, but first going to make a copy of the original design file and delete all the svg nodes below the spot where it stopped and make it only print the stuff that was missed.

kind a troublesome, but I’ve already spent more time scouring the forums than that process will take, so bleh.

Let me know if that works. If it was vector and you did not move the original on the bed and you can align the second copy exactly on top of the first one without shifting the first one…you might be able to pull it off.

PS: I have a hedgie too!
Capture

9 Likes

Ohhhh…what a cutie! What’s his/her name? :slightly_smiling_face:

He, Harrison!

2 Likes

My little guy was named Hitchcock. (He passed a few years ago of old age, but he was a great little hedgie.)

1 Like

Well, it seems to be working well enough. . . not as perfect as i would like and the tiny bits where the new burn and the old overlapped have a bit of over-engraved/double-cut material. I’ll just have to keep this one for my own use. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well, great, I’m glad it wasn’t a total writeoff. Tell Harrison “hi” from me. :smile:

You are now Jules best friend :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m sorry your print was interrupted, but I’m glad to hear you were able to get up and printing again. I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!