How to copy and paste into a new design

Is it possible to copy and paste an image from a design previously made in the glowforge app, into a new design? I am able to copy and paste within the same design, like to make multiple copies of the same images, but I need to copy and paste something I made before into a new design file. Is that possible and if so, how? I am using an Apple iPad Pro, but also have access to an Apple Mac book and apple phone as well, if any of this matters. Thanks for any help you may have to offer.

1 Like

Is the design containing the image you want on your dashboard…and do you also have a copy of that same design saved on your hard drive? If I knew I had a duplicate on my hard drive, I would load the one from the dashboard and delete everything but the image I wanted to keep, then either start your new design (if you’re designing in the UI). Or, you could drag a secondary SVG into the UI and use it with that other remaining image.

4 Likes

You’ll need to export that design, go into the design you want it to be in, and then import it into that design. It won’t copy and paste between designs.

10 Likes

This is a better idea. I’ve never had occasion to export anything yet, so I didn’t even think of that.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I will try this!

If the other tip doesn’t work for me, I will try your method. Thank you!