How to Create Layers

I have been working on two projects in Inkscape. I can not seem to get them to print on separate layers although I thought I created them on different layers. Can anyone help?

The Glowforge doesn’t use the layers in the file, but the color of the strokes. So Blue strokes would be one type of operation, green, another, etc.

3 Likes

I design everything in layers but then separate them before I send it up to the Glowforge. That is, move them side by side so that it “see’s” them as separate objects.

Would you mind looking at mine and tell me what I am doing wrong?

That’s not how it works all the time. If you take two closed shapes and put them side by side, if they are the same color, they will appear in the GFUI as a single operation.

1 Like

Can you post the image you’re trying to work from?

Agreed. Colors are grouped by operation. I’ve found though that stacked layers or objects that are grouped in Inkscape, even if they are different colors, seem to be grouped in the interface.

skeplin,

Got it sorted out. Had create a sub-division as a part of one of the layers. Thanks for offering.

2 Likes

I’m glad to hear you figured it out! Thank you for the help everyone.

I’m going to close this thread - if you run into any trouble, go ahead and post a new topic.