How to cut multiple designs

How do I cut multiple designs on one sheet at a time?

1 Like

Load your first file into the app as you normally do. In the menu, there will be a plus sign inside a circle. Click that and then click “Upload” at the top right. A file explorer will open and you can add your next file into the app. Repeat for all the files you want to load.

3 Likes

Recurring theme… third link here:

https://community.glowforge.com/search?q=Cut%20multiple

Or the first one here:

https://community.glowforge.com/search?q=Cut%20copies

Searching for “cut multiples” or “cut copies”… seems easy in hindsight but sometimes it’s hard to think of the right terms to look for.

4 Likes

What @Tek104 said. You can also upload one design and then ctl + C to copy it, and then ctl + V to paste it. If I want to cut a lot of the came design I prefer to make all the copies in my design software and get them all aligned etc before uploading versing copy/paste in the GF though because it can get kinda buggy.

1 Like

Thanks! I have the files already uploaded in the dashboard. Just did not know how to get 2 different ones on the same cutout .

1 Like

This works well - I use it ALL the time when doing multiple cuts of things (like the latest peg board hooks I can’t seem to get enough of). The interface CAN slow a bit if you have a lot of them, so keep that in mind.

2 Likes

If you’re cutting a lot of parts, there’s no substitute for organizing them in your design software. Check out the tight hand nesting on this one.

3 Likes

NICE! Was working on a puzzle and THIS is a great way to weed pieces!

3 Likes

Speaking of puzzles, I just did my first one. A little over-aggressive though - I used a picture of our barn and had 32 columns and 25 rows - and I didn’t color the back side, so it’ll be hard to tell the front from the back! What a challenge! However, I do have one question. I had it do the frame, which is supposed to make a back as well. But I don’t understand the back. It obviously had to go on two separate pieces of wood (actually, because it was my first one, I just used draftboard), but does the second one engrave the entire back out or what? I haven’t done it yet, just did the puzzle pieces and the frame.

1 Like

I’d think your back layer of the frame will be solid and the front layer will be a simple cutout of the entire puzzle shape, not the pieces. You then glue the front layer to the back. Be careful to avoid glue squeezing out inside the frame, your pieces will fit snugly if I’m right about this design.

That way your pieces slot right into your frame and you don’t spend 8 zillion years engraving the pocket away. Make sense?

2 Likes

Makes perfect sense. Thank you @evansd2!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.