How to cut oversize pieces

I want to cut and score a map of the lake we live on. I want it to be large, about 36 inches long and about 15 inches wide. Is there a way I can cut pieces of it and then glue it together? When I put the design on the bed, naturally it is too big to fit. Can I somehow erase part of it and cut it then go back and undo the erase and cut the next part? I hope this is making sense. Thank you so much.

You will need to make the map in pieces. What design software do you use? Do you have the Pro?

3 Likes

I have Silhouette design studio business edition and the basic glowforge.

I am not familiar with the Silhouette software but you need to break it at the halfway point in each direction. If you have something like a road than can be the break point, so much the better. If the lake itself is less than 10.75"x 19" it would be excellent to make that separately like a puzzle. If you can build a second layer with the breaks at different places then putting the layers together would make one strong shape.

With a pro you could do it in one piece, so if you know someone near by…

Thank you for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.