How to get a professional inspection of GF

My GF is one of those moody ones. It’s working off and on but never the way it was promised. It’s very frustrating at times when you want to get something done but the GF gets stuck in homing, scanning or focusing mode. We exchanged cables as recommended from GF CS but it did not fix the problems. Cleaning is always done regularly. I now decided i want to do a warranty claim with my CC. In order to do that I need someone to do an inspection to confirm those problems. Does anyone know where and how since I am not packing it up to be sent somewhere. It’s a long shot but maybe someone has an recommendation that can help. I just want a functional GF as promised nothing more. Thank you

What have you done to diagnose wifi problems?

Currently they don’t have any external service partners so GF is the only one who can authorize returns and make repairs.

Stuck on homing/scanning/focusing definitely sounds like WIFI problems. And it isn’t about just WIFI strength and bandwidth, but more so stability. So if, for example, your whole family is streaming Netflix, Zoom meeting, etc successfully all day that’s great but not an indicator for GF success.

1 Like

FWIW, I originally was doing fine on the GF, after a few months I started having connectivity issues (stuck on homing, etc.). I had an older router anyways so I replaced it with a much stronger and newer one, and haven’t had any issues since. It can be frustrating because it isn’t always very apparent. My phone, laptop, and roku stick all right near the GF got the wifi just fine. So even if you’re positive it’s not connectivity issues, there’s a good chance it is.

I’m pretty sure the only way to completely rule that out is to use your phone as a hotspot for the GF as a test.

3 Likes

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.