How to get rid of tooltips and have it remember my settings

Hello

I’ve setup my GF it’s working fine… but every time I load up the app I have to click through the Introductory screens of new stuff and then all of the new Tool Tips… I also have to change my preference from inches to cm’s

Anyone know how I do this?

Duncan

Enable cookies. That’s how the app knows you’ve clicked thru them previously.

3 Likes

thank you for your reply… such a shame it’s not something you can switch off in your profile

For privacy and security reasons people regularly clear browsing and cache… some folks everytime they close the browser

Is there no other way round this?

1 Like

I have 8 cookies allowed on app.glowforge.com

Can anyone from support help… I guess its not the cookies

Support will respond in about 1 business day.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that this issue is persisting after allowing cookies. Thanks for letting us know. We need a bit more information to investigate. Please do the following:

1. Go to https://www.whatismybrowser.com/
  2. Look for the header that says “Your web browser’s unique URL”
  3. Click the button that says “Copy URL to Clipboard”
  4. Reply to this, and paste in the link provided

This will help us understand the circumstances around your error so we can work on it for you.

Hello Ivan

Thank you… here it is:

Any ideas?

I’ve sent you the browser config url… I am still getting all the popups like I am a new user… how do I disable these? Nothing in the settings

That link indicates your browser is out of date, that would be the first thing I’d recommend trying.

Make sure your internet browser is in good shape

• Update to the latest version of the browser:

• Go to https://www.whatismybrowser.com/

• When you get there, the page will tell you if your browser is up to date. If not, there will be a big button that says “how to upgrade”

• Reboot your computer

Yes my browser is up to date… always up to date…

whatismybrowser.com/w/YZP9G9G

Any other ideas?

I’m sorry about the ongoing trouble with the tooltips messages. Does your browser have any plugins running which might prevent certain information from being captured in cookies? As a test, would you please temporarily set Chrome to allow all cookies, and temporarily disable any plugins such as ad blockers and then let us know if the issue persists?

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.