How to have a heart attack via watch at breakfast

Looking forward to seeing your Pro! Congratulations!

2 Likes

Congrats!!!:tada::confetti_ball:

1 Like

Have read every post on the forum. Other than the pic with the board sticking in the slot there were two live video streams last night of his Pro from @chris1 that showed unboxing and simple Basic style cuts of the founder’s ruler and Trace feature. Nothing Pro specific.

3 Likes

Nothing has been demonstrated. A couple of static images that indicate the hole in the front does indeed go into the machine, but nothing of consequence. You’ll be a ground breaker. :slight_smile:

I stuck my finger in the slot to confirm that yup, that’s a passthrough slot, but that’s about it…

7 Likes

I think this has been the only public use of the pass through: https://community.glowforge.com/t/dont-mind-me-just-passing-through/10663

1 Like

I stand corrected. I saw @caribis2 post but was focusing on the cardboard burns rather than the cut alignment. I did a similar (unapproved) test with a Pre-Release Basic and had similar results with a faux pass thru. Or maybe I didn’t, since that would be unsafe.

6 Likes

Couldn’t have happened to a cooler member of the community! I’m really excited to see what you do with the Pro, especially, you know, using as a Pro. I was contemplating posting a “PLEASE Show Your Pro Features Working” post just today.

4 Likes

I don’t think you are the only one who might not have done that because it would be…unsafe :wink:

4 Likes

Congrats! That’s awesome!

Yeah, i (for one) would love to see how high the ambient temperature can go with a Pro as that seems to be vital information we currently lack.
I know many others would like to see the pass-through slot in action.

It would be great if you could take the time to post some of its capabilities though

1 Like

Are we still talking about the squirrels?

2 Likes

I think you have pretty much a clean slate and free rein for pics and video of a Pro. Not much Pro specific and not a whole not of new stuff in general lately. Thinker materials like a 1/2" piece of walnut or oak would get some attention. Anything pass through and how well you can continue something after moving it on down the line. Long heavy engrave to test overheating.

But I say, do whatever you want to do! You’ve been waiting long enough.

5 Likes

Congratulations Jacob. :tada: Looking forward to your posts!

1 Like

I can document a little bit today. Anticipating the need for all of the proofgrade I can find, I brought home my samples from MakerFaire goodness.

These three are more than 1 year old (from the first BAMF they attended):

Walnut: This one fared the worst for masking adhesion purposes. The wood is VERY slightly bowed, and the masking hangs over on all four edges (while the other two samples are flush to edge). Not sure if Maple has a tendency to shrink, but it really looks like that is what happened.

Hard to tell which of these two is the Maple and which is the Cherry. Pretty sure the first is cherry. But in both cases, no warping of the masking and still nice and flat.

I have larger sheets of all three woods from the most recent BAMF, no warping noted on any of them, but the maple large sheet ALSO has some wrinkles on the masking, and it appears to have started sliding off of one side.

So, I think whatever finish is used on Maple does not adhere well to the glue used on the masking. Do not stockpile Maple far in advance of using it. But Cherry and Walnut appear to hold up well for a year (in small size at least)

9 Likes

For the sake of the forum I’ll crank my heat up to 90 on friday when my wife is gone and run a test :joy:

7 Likes

You would be a legend if you did that @tbelhumer!
32C is exactly the sort of tolerance i would expect from a Pro

If you would not mind posting the results in this thread too

Ok, realy, I could take it out to the camper.
I’d have to have my daughter help but if I can think of an easy way to vent it will consider it. Friday will be the earliest it will happen. I’ll just etch some random plywood rather than burn up proofgrade. Has anyone got a file that would burn for an extended time?

1 Like

I could help with that

3 Likes

Super excited for you!! Im definitely looking forward to your videos!!