How to keep the doors open

i am aware of the potential dangers and dont need the run down on all that. Although i have the pro and have the passthrough slots i am using a slightly thicker and longer piece of wood to engrave and need the front and back doors open. so my question is HOW THE HECK CAN I BYPASS WHATEVER IT IS TO DO THAT!? ive tried the magnet “trick” with no luck. can someone please shed some light on this since i cant seem to find anything in the forums on here. itd be much appriciated!

1 Like

There is no back door. I have managed 0.3" wood through the passthrough but the max is supposed to be 1/4-inch. Unless your wood will make it through the slot it cannot be used. There are other brands more complicated and dangerous to use, or costing 10x as much that will do the job but unless you make two pieces at 1/4 inch and glue then together what you are asking for is not available to do on a Glowforge.

I was wondering if the newer Pro’s had back doors…?

1 Like

:woman_facepalming:t4: Oh wow I think I’ve lost my mind. I just realized (bc I’ve never payed attention I guess) that I didn’t have a back door lol. Once I seen this I went and looked (thinking I’ve had one all along). Now that I know this I guess that answers my question. Thanks so much!

1 Like