How to "repeat a job" to cut bed after bed of the same design?

I know this is a question that has been asked before but not recently. Would it be possible to implement a repeat last job? When I want to cut a second bed’s worth of an item, it currently has to rebuild the whole job from scratch even when doing exactly the same print job.

Would be great to be able to just choose ‘do last job again’ and be on my way.

Thanks!

1 Like

They’ve explained before that (my words) the reason for that not happening is that there are too many variables. If the machine is touched (by removing/adding new material) the likelihood that the head is moved slightly means that a 2nd job would be offset. When the lid is opened/closed the camera distance can chance slightly, which means the auto-focus would be off. Little things can make a big difference

2 Likes

I don’t know that I buy a lot of that.

If I’m cutting a full sheet of widgets on full bed size consistent material, then let me cut away.

As it stands, the motion plan is immediately deleted/cleared when a job is finished or cancelled.

3 Likes

The machine doesn’t detect material placement anyway - you can put a design over an area that has no material and the job will still run. That’s the responsibility of the operator.

I don’t (currently) have a need for this, but I could see how useful it would be to be able to go to the machine, remove a completed job, load a new piece of material, close the lid, and press the button to run the last job again.

An option in the software to “Print multiple” - a checkbox next to the button in the UI, for example. Then just click cancel in the UI when you’ve printed as many as needed.

You’re welcome. I’ll expect compensation in form of credit for the materials store to show up in the next week or so!

3 Likes

such a feature would have great utility for me. I oft make multiples of a thing and the process of setting up the exact file again is wasted time for me and wasted computer cycles for the forge.

1 Like

I would like a “repeat” button too, but this confuses me a bit. What do you need to rebuild from scratch? If you don’t touch the file or setting all you should need to do is replace material in the exact same place and re-process the file to run it. (I may be misunderstanding what you mean though.)

2 Likes

Large jobs can take quite a while from the time you hit “print” in the UI, and when the machine is ready to start.

1 Like

@markowitze Thanks for the suggestions! I’ll make sure the team gets them.

I’m going to close this thread. Should you have any other questions or concerns please open a new thread or email us at support@glowforge.com.

Happy printing!