How to Save Purchased File to Alter

Hi, I purchased a stock file from Glowforge. The file prints with no issue. Although, I see the file in my Glowforge dashboard but I want to save the file to play around with the design and then throw back into Glowforge to make. It’s for a class that I’m teaching design and tech. Is there a way to save this file so I can load into CAD or Illustrator? I hope I explained this correctly. Thanks !!

No, purchased (or the provided free) files can not be downloaded.

3 Likes

Designs from the Glowforge Catalog exist only in your Design Library and cannot be exported to a file. You basically licensed the right to print a design, you didn’t purchase a file.

4 Likes

What you might be able to do is ADD to it - like if you wanted to add something in the Glowforge dashboard directly, such as a circle for a hole to hang something, words to engrave a name, etc.

But if you just want to play with a file and demonstrate it, there are lots of free files on DesignBundles.net that would probably work for this. You can download a free laser cutting file, or download a different type of free file and convert it to be laser-friendly, for example.

3 Likes

Here’s a free bundle of laser cutting files. And everything on Design Bundles comes with a license that allows you to use the design to sell, etc. And it’s ok to alter them for your own use.

3 Likes

Thanks. That’s what I thought. I bought the u linter print so I was hoping I could alter/play with it.
I do see the file for sale on the web and it’s not expensive but figured I’d see if I could export it myself.
Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.