How to ungroup

I upload my svg file and it got grouped automatically. then I can’t ungroup them.

I tried to change each color but still the same result.

2 Likes

Sadly that’s a “feature” when there are so many things that the :glowforge: thinks it’ll be simpler if they’re all one group. I believe if you make the different sections different colours it resists grouping, but if the selection boxes around the items cross they will auto-group - so check that in your design program.

If you’d like an assist you can upload your file here and someone will be able to take a look and give more specific advice.

3 Likes

Another option may be to break down you file into multiple files it’s a little messy, but I have done that before when I had issues with the GF grouping things I didn’t want grouped. I just stick all the files in a folder with the same name as I use for the full file.

1 Like

If you are a Premium subscriber, an early test of the Ungroup feature is available to you under the Early Access menu item.

Here is the announcement on the feature:

2 Likes

Thanks for the answers @deirdrebeth, @EddieC, and @cynd11, that’s right. I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic.

Thanks for letting us know about this!