Hurricane Ian

Well, we just got power and internet back. Hooray! We live far enough inland and in a kind of forest so we were okay, but the coastal areas are trashed. Billions is not a far out estimate of reconstruction costs, and more than 20 people died. May have been named after my favorite nephew, but not a likable hurricane.

26 Likes

I’m glad you’ve made it through.

8 Likes

Really glad to hear from you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Was worried.

34 by the last count I saw but probably more now. :cry:

4 Likes

Thankful you are safe. Truly devastating to watch the news and see all that destruction. Last count I saw was 77. So sad.

6 Likes

So glad you’re ok. Such terrible devastation.

4 Likes

Thank you all. It is so surreal as our neighborhood was was barely touched, but I can’t get to my son’s house because of downed trees and flooding.

3 Likes

Glad everyone is okay. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I saw a count of 100 today. This will be an unfortunate record when the final count is in.

1 Like

Yes. It’s going up daily, unfortunately. There is still a LOT of rubble to search. My husband is treating several patients (and getting more every day) who have been sent down from Lee County. At least 3 he thinks will not survive the issues that the storm forced on them. And at least one of them has been unconscious the entire time and they can’t find any records of family. We were so lucky.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.