I actually made something that works!

Made a Valentine Gnome sign for my wife’s seasonal wreath took me18 hours to get it where it cut, scored and engraved just the way I wanted and that didn’t include painting the thing. The second one took 18 minutes to cut, 20 minutes to paint, 15 minutes to glue together.

3 Likes

I was just thinking of how pretty this would be with dyed wood!

2 Likes

This is great, congratulations on how it turned out!

3 Likes

I thought about that, but I was too impatient to get it down to the store!

Great idea

3 Likes

Thanks. I know I should’ve taken more time to stain it or use a better wood, but I am not the most patient person, and I’m cheap! It takes 5 boards, and all of the “nice” woods I have are the pg “light” plywoods, which would be way expensive, and I thought they’d be too thin to put my pegs in. I did actually think about making pegs for it, but they’d be a little bigger than I’d like, and that would also mean re-designing the holes in the sides and the cards, etc. I’m not that patient. If I make another, I will stain or paint the wood first.

Great work! There is such a thrill to design and then see the finished product. Practical cuts are the very best!

3 Likes

Any chance you would be willing to sell the design for this?

Welcome to the community. It is against forum rules to request designs. If the OP sells them, they can have a link on their profile or if they offer them for free, they will be in the free laser designs category in the forum.

1 Like

Sorry. I was unaware this was the case.

Thanks for letting me know.

Kevin

1 Like

Very nice!

1 Like

Great Idea! This one will be easy to make and very versatile. Why didn’t I think of that?

1 Like