I am going crazy looking for a laser file I swear I saw somewhere in here

Hello to all! I may have dreamt this, but here is what I am looking for that I cannot find anywhere. Someone had posted a pattern where they made a laser insect with the body as a ceramic bulb. Has anyone seen this anywhere else or did I just dream it?

laser-ready-templates-spider

3 Likes

That looks similar to one i have from makeCNC.

2 Likes

Do you have a link to that?

This gets you to the site where the spider is:-)…

https://www.makecnc.com/search.php?pg=1&posted=1&stype=&stext=spider&bsubmit=Search

1 Like

Thanks for the link. However, someone did a design where the light is integrated into the spider as the abdomen.

Oh, cool, I don’t remember that. I see ‘just’ about all the posts if they are initial posts. Are you sure it wasn’t on another forum like FB?

this talks about backlighting…

If you Google “laser cut spider lamp” one of the first result is a seller on Etsy

3 Likes

thanks for the @ @rvogt. The spiders I made and posted about were made out of translucent acrylic, the dark purple looked especially spooky if you had a light behind it, however, I did not make the spider with any light attached to it (but that is a REALLY cool idea).

This?

3 Likes

Or this?

5 Likes

Thanks for all the cool links! I may have saw (or thought I saw) this insect idea on another site. Basically, it was not a lamp, but a cool way to display any old ceramic light bulbs. I will keep looking though!

1 Like
2 Likes

This could be a good project to practice on a design program! First find the spider file, the open it up and find the vertical piece after the legs. Adjust it to fit the end of a ceramic bulb, using your calipers to get a measurement. Cut taht piece for a test piece, tweak any settings, then cut the whole thing out and pat yourself on the back for a design well finished! :wink::heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I am an absolute failure when it comes to design work. I will keep looking my eye out at other places though!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.