I am making Christmas ornaments

I am making Christmas ornaments with lettering, my lettering is like crubling and like hot looking is there something I am doing wrong, I am using glow forge material when I am using my glowforge. I just printed out a Gnome Christmas and a lot of the lettering was burnt? Any thoughts as to why everything else turned out I guess.

1 Like

If you could share a photo it would be helpful for those trying to help you. Also include which Proofgrade material you are using.

5 Likes

I’m very confused about this. You want your lettering to not look burnt…on a laser engraver? I don’t mean to come off as rude, just confused.

2 Likes

sounds like it could be that the lettering is too thin and it’s burning up;
you might be getting flash back giving it a more burnt look than standard lasering, might need to mask it
hard to know without seeing the problems…

1 Like

no it was really burnt, I had some one walk me through the SVG file I was using, I was cutting everything an some of it was not meant to be cut, it all worked out, but Thanks for inquiring. I know it sounded weird but the lettering would just crumble in my hand I mean to the point I could not use it, I do know that the glow forge burns the wood. I am just new an trying new things with it, an yesterday I was fllustrated beyond belief.

Thanks a lot for trying to help me!! I was using a SVG file I bought, and the lettering I was cutting it all out, a lady from one of the glow forge groups on facebook facetimed me an walked me through what I was doing wrong. I am just new, and it is flushstrating when you try an figure something out an it doesn’t work after 3 tries on proof grade material.

2 Likes

so glad you got some help with it!
I feel that level of frustration… last year I tried cutting some ornaments and they caught fire because it was too thin haha. hard lesson learned!

2 Likes

I just had that happen with some MDF I got from HD… It melted and was glowing red… thank God there weren’t flames!!

Sounds like you got it figured out. Glad you were able to get some help.

I’m sorry for the trouble when running a project with your Glowforge. It’s great to hear that you received some guidance that got you up and running with your design! I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If you run into trouble again, or have any questions for our team, please reach out and we’ll be happy to help!

1 Like