I cant get it to cut through PG

I have been trying to get a job done but it will not cut through PG or anything all the way…I have wasted so much PG trying to get this job done its not funny… so I got some thinner none PG and it will not cut through that all the way…Christmas orders are coming in I need this to work…

Have you cleaned the optics?

is the PG completely flat using the hold downs?

i have cleaned ever thing .and double checked everything … I have restarted everything…

Well crap. I’m sorry I cannot help.

By posting here you have opened a support ticket. two things will now happen. smarter members than I will respond as they get out of bed, and then the staff will see this later on when they wake up.

thanks for trying to help… I hope I can get it fixed soon… A month ago i had to call them and I did everything they said and in the end they has to send something over to the machine to fix it… Its like it keeps getting little fire in it as its cutting but its not cutting all the way… and I know I did not change any of the setting…

There’s a great explanation by @deirdrebeth here on how to change your settings back to the defaults:

I feel your pain. My workaround is to cut at 178/100- 2 passes. My 1-100 settings seem consistent but my full power seems less full sometimes. Experiment to look in the numbers that are right for you. Yes, it’s slower, but redoing work is a time suck, too.

Oh no! I’m sorry you’ve hit a snag. I’d like to investigate the issues you’re experiencing further.

At your earliest convenience, please perform the following test print.

• Print the Gift of Good Measure on Proofgrade material, using Proofgrade settings.

• When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture updates.

Check the completed print:

• If the Gift of Good Measure fails to cut through, take a photo of the front and back of the print and attach these photos to your reply.
  • If the Gift of Good Measure cuts successfully, please try another print of the design you experienced the issue with, and let us know the results.

Additionally, I’d like to take a look at your optics to ensure they’re not a cause for concern. Please send photos of all your cleaned optical components, with special attention to any damage you might find:

• Both windows
    • The printer head window, on the left hand side of the printer head
    • The laser window on the inside left of the Glowforge
  • The printer head lens
    • Both sides of the lens, top and bottom
  • The mirror inside the printer head
  • The bottom of the printer head

Once we have those pictures, we’ll follow up with next steps.

1 Like

I have done this two times before I posted…So I will try it again

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.