I cant print anything on my GF.. It says it cant align and wont let me "align manually" .. Pass through Beta isnt on

I used Passthrough Beta yesterday – no issues.

Today I wanted to print another protype. Totally new file never been printed before but it said "Print unsuccessful If the most recent print finished, choose “align manually” to drag and drop the design in place. “cancel print” will stop the pro passthrough print.

I tried cancel – but every time i print it goes to this message.
Align manually – causes a error message “we are sorry an unexpected error has occured”

I then thought Id try to print something else … but the same thing happens even when the passthrough Beta is not activated!

Since it is a Beta they can’t help in regular customer support - you’ll want to post your issue in the Beta thread. Let me dig that up for you…

Good luck! I’ve seen some fabulous things come out of that Beta - but I don’t have a Pro so can’t help personally :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that you ran into trouble. @deirdrebeth’s suggestion to post about trouble with Pro Passthrough in the beta thread is correct. Expert users, support team members, and the engineers working on the feature are all reading those postings.

You might also find this Tutorial helpful, particularly the list of “Things to watch out for” on the forum – most people find the answer to their problem there.

I saw that you mentioned that you ran into the same error message afterward when trying to run prints with the beta turned off. Has the same issue persisted since then? If so, may I have a screenshot of what you see in the Glowforge app when this happens? Make sure to include the rulers in your screenshot and show as much of the bed as possible

To take a screenshot:

• Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop.

• Windows: Click on the Start Menu and type “snipping tool”. Open the Snipping Tool > New then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file.

Please share the screenshot, and we’ll be happy to take a look.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.