I Can't toggle the internal fans

So after two weeks of excurating wait times. The replacement arrived today. I am trying to toggle the internal fans so it doesn’t sound like a jet engine. It is greyed out so I can’t do anything with it. I have put in a help ticket. Is there anyone that is going to help on the glowforge side that can fix this? Or is it going to be 2 more weeks of hell. Thanks.

the internal exhaust fan? it is noisy. that’s why most folks use an external fan

Sadly that likely means you’re not listed as the owner, but a user, and that’s something only a staff member can fix. Posting here means you’ve opened 2 tickets, which will slow them down - but when you see them close this you’ll know you have an email answer on the way!

2 Likes

Sadly this seems to be the only way to get the resolution I need at this moment. I have not had trouble in the past with customer service. I wanted a phone call, nope left me on hold for 20 minutes sent me to an answering machine, I told.them I wanted a phone call they sent me an email. I was fine getting emails at first but then when no is answering them for over 24 hours i felt it was excessive. So now I guess dont have a choice.

I know it is noisy. I have an inline fan. That is why I said it is “grayed out” and I can’t toggle it to the off position. But thanks for the input.

So you’re already in contact via email but decided to open yet another ticket? Why not just provide the info they need via the email, because once they see this post - and realize it’s a duplicate - it’ll take them even longer because they have to close this (and any other duplicates you’ve opened) before they can answer your first contact.

Provide your name, the serial number of the machine you’re having an issue with, and the issue you’re having. They’ll fix it, and send an email stating so.

@colby.pacek Thank you for bringing this to our attention! It looks like we were able to find a solution and have followed up over email, so I’m going to close this ticket. Thank you!

2 Likes