I couldn’t help it... (GoT S8ep5 spoiler alert!)

8 Likes

Too soon, too soon.

1 Like

Actually maybe it is too soon? Maybe change your title to be “GOT s8e05 spoiler alert”?

2 Likes

Good idea, just in case!

2 Likes

Sigh.

This is just going to start a kerf flame war.

Only to be interrupted by the cutting metal questions.

Sigh.

1 Like

Yeah, I had just finished viewing the episode about 3 minutes before you posted, so not upset. (Only one left guys…what the heck are we gonna do for entertainment around here? And don’t recommend Westworld…that was good for a 2 hour movie, not a blinking series.)

1 Like

Killing Eve.

4 Likes

I’ll check it out. Thanks!

Hey, I like Westworld.

But I know you must have Amazon Prime and it strikes me that you and hubs would enjoy the grand tour.

Yep. What’s The Grand Tour? Is that a series? (We have it but mainly use it for speedy delivery. I don’t watch the video offerings that much. )

3 British guys who do ridiculous stuff with either expensive, or really cheap, cars all over the world. It is a comedy. You like it or hate it.

Oh, hubs will love it!

I’m assuming you watch The Good Place. I just figure everyone watches it.

2 Likes

Psht, Westworld is outstanding.

But, if that’s not your jam, here are some other shows I’ve enjoyed, in no particular order (bold even stronger recommendations):

Deadwood (HBO)
Justified (fx/prime)
The End of the F*cking world (NetFlix)
Sex Education (NF)
Lovesick (NF)
Chewing Gum (NF)
Big Little Lies (HBO)
The Deuce (HBO)
Band of Brothers and The Pacific (HBO)
Atlanta (FX)
American Gods (Starz)
Archer (FX/NF)
Fargo (FX)
Bojack Horseman (NF)
Stranger Things (NF)
Downton Abbey (Prime)
The Great British Baking Show (NF)
The Marvelous Mrs Maisel (Prime)
Ozark (NF)
The Crown (NF)
The Good Place (Hulu/NF)

If you aren’t sure where to watch a particular show, try https://www.justwatch.com/

Also, there are a couple of new shows on hbo. Chernobyl is great, as is Gentleman Jack.

1 Like

Nope, never heard of it. Will check it out.

Fabulous list! (The only one on there that I’ve seen a bit of was season one of Downton Abbey. That was good, I just had other things going at the time. Might have to check a few out.)

Definitely time to play catch up. :smile:

Interesting that you mention the grand tour, this just popped up in my mailbox this morning:

It’s about how Amazon is using viewer data to drive creative decisions on The Grand Tour. This is a new-ish idea (audience feedback has always been used like this to an extent), and is certainly made a lot more direct with the advent of streaming services that own the viewer data end to end.

2 Likes

I don’t know about kerf but the kerning could use a little work. :wink:

As for shows “Love, Death, and Robots” had some really good episodes. “Dead Like Me” was a fun watch.

how is american gods? loved the book. don’t have starz, so i’d have to buy a month of streaming and binge it, but don’t want to waste time/money if it isn’t that great.

1 Like

It’s outstanding, stayed pretty close to the book. I haven’t watched season 2 yet, but they did a really good job with season 1.

As for buying…
Sign up for the free trial, stream it and cancel if you don’t want starz for anything else.

Or call your cable company and complain about your pricing and tell them that you’ll quit unless they give you starz for free. They probably will.

cable schmable.

directvnow streaming. don’t think they’re quite as amenable to special deals when you threaten to quit. but i also pay less than 1/2 of my former cable bill for an internet connection and DTVNow.

but yeah, 7 day trial might be enough to binge season one anyway.