I don't want my Air Filter, how do I get the alternative filter?

Now that I know that the Glowforge has to be physically lifted off to change the filter, that’s a dealbreaker. The November 2018 update said we can get an alternative filter. I want that option, how do I proceed? My est delivery date is February 28.

1 Like

I think they’re planning to offer those as an alternative to everyone who ordered the original filter, so you’d just need to wait until they offer them, and then let them know. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks.

How did you find out we have to lift it to change the filter?

It’s been a known thing for a year or more. There are multiple posts here in the forum. The GF sits on top of the filter and then the two are connected with an elbow tube connector between the GF and the filter - like an elbow macaroni. There are pictures of it. Not a lot of pictures but a few. Dan posted about it the summer before last if I recall back when folks were questioning whether GF had a filter or if it was just another unfulfilled promise. I think it was the shell - they don’t have any pictures of the innards and the filter media itself.

1 Like

I’d like to think that the missing January (and December?) updates in the Announcement categories are because there’ll be some epic good news about air filters. :slight_smile:

2 Likes