I goofed up and Customer Service Saved the Day

I goofed up Saturday and destroyed my air assist fan and carriage plate belt. I sent the rest of the day and Sunday researching repairing it. I was very discouraged with all the post explaining how slow and unresponsive Glowforge customer support was. I have had my basic for almost 18 months without any need to every have to contact them. Monday morning I emailed customer support to begin my reported three day waiting period for a response. Two hours later I get a response from Glowforge “Maile” about my request. I responded to his request for my mailing information and within another two hours I have an invoice which I paid and now waiting on my repair parts to arrive. So I want to say in the “PANDEMIC” time where we are all stretched thin trying to operate at what we once called normal you guys get my “GOLD STAR” for today. I work in an industry such as yours and our supply chain issues are serious and have caused some serious issues, so I was prepared for a dely. You exceeded my expectations. “Dylan” (my Glowforge) and I THANK YOU. Just wanted to put out some “GOOD NEWS”

29 Likes

This is really nice to hear and very cool that you shared it. I know overall support has really been working hard to improve things and it’s nice to have conformation of that. Hope you’re back to forging soon!

6 Likes

This is really GREAT, so many times we only here the bad stories about the things we deal with. I Thank you for taking the time for putting something positive up. Wish more would do that.

5 Likes

Dan had said this thread besides where you post a problem was also the place just to tell support what a great job they are doing. It’s got to be uplifting for the team to get reports like this foe a change. :+1:

3 Likes

I bet there are lots of quick responses to problems that we never hear about. Thank you for sharing your experience.

5 Likes

Yup, @Maile.L and team are the best! Thanks so much for letting us know.

2 Likes

The Glowforge CEO has a cool name also. LOL
I just noticed my tag name would not revile my try at humor, as it doesn’t show my real name “Dan”