I have a problem

Given how much weeding there would be to use those remnants, I would just throw them away!

1 Like

Mosaic artists love these odd shapes and might even pay for them!

1 Like

Ooh, all good ideas!

:scream: Noooo, I can’t!!!

1 Like

There are three of those per piece—one of them actually does get used as a finger hold. (The piece I’m making for him is a disk to mount over a hole in a beehive that lets you open or close it, with an in-between option that has slots that will let workers through, but not the queen.) I thought about using all three, but it would mean a lot of unnecessary additional gluing, so I abandoned that idea.

I think I have a mosaic artist hidden in me and that’s why they’re so hard to let go of. It’s another one of those potential hobbies I’ve been evading because it will make me need more tools and space and supplies and time… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

earrings , other jewelry

3 Likes

You can run the circles through the laser again to enlarge the interior hole and thin out the wall a little bit, then glue the pieces together and make rings.

9 Likes

You can make various sensory toys for very small kids with them. Fill plastic bottles with the little pieces, plus water, glitter, and oil, for instance, and then superglue the lid shut. Or, you can fill thick ziplock bags with just your little pieces and glue the bags shut. Little kids like to shake the sensory toys and watch the bits move around. My 15-month-old loves his, and they’re great potty training toys, because they serve as good sitting distraction while the baby is doing his business.

4 Likes

If you can figure a way to get the line pieces into an X (engrave half of a cut out of the center) and marry two of them together, you would have all the makings of Xs and Os for a kids Tic Tac Toe game… with a board that is made in the glowforge, or even just interlacing long sticks to create the game board (less costly). Just a thought…

1 Like

What I have done is donate a large batch of “nubbins” that are wood to the local Girl Scouts that the younger ones can put together crafts somewhat better than pictures made from various types of pasta. your plastic pieces would be so much better.

2 Likes

I wonder if there’s something like this where you are? https://scrappdx.org/

How about a solitaire or drafts peg board, you could use a lot of O’s that way.

1 Like

I live in Battle Ground—so, yes! :wink:

1 Like