I just got THE email... you know the one!

Congratulations!

2 Likes

VERY exciting news! So happy for you!

2 Likes

Oh YAY! I am so excited for youā€¦you certainly deserve it.

1 Like

Thanks! Iā€™m certainly following in your footsteps. Iā€™m also a complete laser newbie and your journey in particular has been very interesting and informative to me. thank you for asking all the questions and allowing us to see your journey to becoming awesome on a laser.

6 Likes

OH look somebody else we used to think was swell. :slight_smile:

seriously congrats. Each email means we all are closer.

OTOH, i donā€™t even have the space for my PRO cleared out yet. :frowning:

got some other chores to finish first.

4 Likes

Grats on the shipment notice. Iā€™m awaiting my email and holding off updating my shipping address since Iā€™m moving in 3 weeks. But knowing my kuck id update to a not yet valid address and id get the notice.

1 Like

Wow! Youā€™re a machine!

1 Like

Congrats! Weā€™re like Glowforge twins! Seriously, I have this crazy, overwhelming need to consume all the forum posts and comments I can. But where to start?! Iā€™ve read so much already and I know thereā€™s stuff I need to go back and reread (thank you to whoever it was that pointed out how to bookmark a postā€”if only Iā€™d known about that sooner).

@wildingwoodworks - Did you hear theyā€™re filming a 2-hour Psych holiday special?! I canā€™t wait!

@zfam & @ca_worth - I know that feeling. Hang-in there! Hoping you guys experience the excitement that one little email produces soon!!!

6 Likes

I had heard that! Super excited :grinning:

2 Likes

I havent watched network TV since I got my prerelease. So funny. But Psych? that would bring me back! Havenā€™t even caught up on the last two Suits series.

4 Likes

So exciting. I wasnā€™t sure to believe the rumors at first, but I sure was happy when they turned out to be true. :pineapple:

2 Likes

i skipped the season before last because it just felt like they got rid of everyoneā€™s character growth. but the last season of suits was great.

1 Like
22 Likes

Best laugh of the day! Thanks for that. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Lol, you have a thing for sad, depressing, standing in the rain characters. :smiley:

4 Likes

Itā€™s been a week and no newsā€¦ that is until late last night. I received an email from Glowforge with the discount code for the Instructables Gift Card, so I know things are starting to move forward.

Then earlier this afternoon I had a friend stop by to drop something off and he texted me he left it sitting on the package on the porch. I told him I didnā€™t remember ordering anything and texted my wife who hadnā€™t ordered anything either. He said it looked to be about 14"x3"x30" or so, and I wondered if it wasnā€™t the Proofgrade material. Came home, and opened the box; sure enough! The ā€œStarter Kitā€ was shipped ahead of my Glowforge.

Iā€™m still waiting on the notification that the actual Glowforge is shipping (with the tracking info), so Iā€™m assuming theyā€™re still getting their truck ready to send a bunch out.

Seeing others record their experience helped me through the wait so Iā€™m wanting to pay it forwardā€¦ This is my first ā€œunboxing videoā€ so Iā€™m sure itā€™s probably a bit underwhelming for you guys, but I figured Iā€™d share nonetheless: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByjvA8E-txpXRDgxQ2VZN01SeWs

Included in the Start Kit was:

• 2 pieces of Standard Natural Leather (5"x10")
  • 4 pieces of Medium Hard Maple Hardwood (6"x12")
  • 2 pieces of Medium Clear Acrylic (12"x20")
  • 1 Piece Walnut Veneer with 3m Tape on back (12"x20")
  • 1 Piece Maple Veneer with 3m Tape on back (12"x20")
  • 5 Pieces of Medium Hard Maple Plywood (12"x20")

Everything looked good with the exception of the last large piece of Maple Plywoodā€”the sticky stuff on it was bubbling all over (like when you do a bad job of putting vinyl on a large area), so Iā€™m hoping thatā€™s not going to create any issues when I try to cut/engrave.

Hereā€™s what the bubbling looked like (itā€™s on both sides): https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0ByjvA8E-txpXa0cwT0YtTFVsY3c

17 Likes

Congrats!!! I really, really want mine now!!

I check my email 3 times a day at least.

Wellā€¦ congrats!

2 Likes

Congrats! I can tell youā€™re reallyā€¦ yepā€¦ Iā€™m gonna say itā€¦ psyched!

(BTW, everybody hear thereā€™s going to be a Psych Christmas special this year?)

3 Likes

Yesā€¦ Thatā€™s exactly what Iā€™m feeling! And yes, not only is it going to be a Christmas Special, itā€™s supposed to be a 2-hour long Christmas Specialā€¦ Itā€™s like Psych the Xmas Movie! I see a new holiday tradition in the making for our household!

2 Likes

Yeahā€¦ We kinda canā€™t wait.

1 Like