I made a fish

Based on some of my more traditional Native American influenced artwork… meet Mr Salmon. Made with maple proofgrade.

70 Likes

Thanks to @chris1 for your illustrator tutorials. Really saved me today! I learned so much from your illustrator template and your giddy keychain tutorial!

7 Likes

Wow, I like that a lot.

5 Likes

Thank you! This fish is the reason I bought my Glowforge… I am working towards a larger art piece…

5 Likes

That style art matches really well with laser cutting.

6 Likes

That would be beautiful in the cherry PG, not to say that it isn’t as it is. Fantastic artwork, pleasure to see such talent in here!

6 Likes

It’s all your talent! Amazing fish.

5 Likes

How cool! Very well done!

4 Likes

Thank you!! And I totally agree! I am running through the free proofgrade to practice first.

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you!!

Oh yeah - the use of holes instead of dual colours just looks lovely!

4 Likes

Thank you!!!

2 Likes

Very nice work!
If you were to lay down masking after the cut, you can lift out the pieces in place, apply glue and set all the pieces on another piece of wood or whatever - then you would have the inverse of the design. Two for one!
I’m a big fan of Nortwest Native art!

8 Likes

Ohh!! Interesting thought!! I will have to try that :heart_eyes: I love PNW artwork as well!! Been a huge influence of mine in recent years

2 Likes

Very nice! Very artsy!

2 Likes

Nicely done! I’ve been meaning to do something like this with inlays of different colors of wood.

2 Likes

That would be fantastic!