I Make Art With Science Magic And Fire

More stuff!! I recently made a plaque to be auctioned off at our family reunion. It’s two layers. First the photo that I edited with photo etching in mind (my first photo etch! There were so many little tests along the way!) and the second layer is a frame I drew for it. :slight_smile:

Yes that is a cat foot in the second photo… he’s helping me…

And then I picked up a new client just before this who lead to another client. Word of mouth advertising is not to be under estimated! Anyways, here’s the two jobs I did for them. Floss bobbins and stitch markers. The bobbin is also something I drew.

@deirdrebeth I died for a bit- root canal busted and I had to get a new one done and it was weeks of agony so I totally forgot to respond to this thread. Apologies! I’m so happy you got your shirt. How exciting! My minion Lily actually moved us to full length shirts- I’ll let her know they’re appreciated. :smiley:

8 Likes

I soooooooooo envy someone like you that can draw like that! Beautiful work!

1 Like

Ah thank you so much! It keeps me out of the husband’s hair for the most part. XD

Stories?

nah. we’re talking videos!

1 Like

I’m #necrogame ing this thread, both because your art is gorgeous and more people should see it, but also to say I still wear my tshirt at least twice a month and it still looks fabulous!

Do you, or Lily, know where your were getting them printed? The few shirts I’ve had made are nowhere near the quality!

4 Likes

looks more like DTG than screen-print, but it’s incredibly hard to tell from a photo.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure that’s what the majority of the print-to-order places are using.

print to order will be using DTG, Sublimation, or (less often now) htv.
I can tell that it’s not htv. If the shirt is cotton, then it’s not sublimation.
DTG and Sublimation both last a long time and wear very well.

If you want, you can put your website on your profile and anyone can click it and find it there. I think they look great and my daughter is a big anime/manga fan and would love it.

1 Like

My problem being that the DTG company we’ve been using the stuff wears off WAY too quickly (like less than 6 wears), so there’s definitely a quality level. Since I know that this company does a fabulous job I’d love to try them, but I don’t know which they are. My other option is getting samples from a bunch…I was trying to shortcut :stuck_out_tongue:

I was given some sample prints from an AnaJet (which was since purchased by Ricoh) in 2016 that are still looking pretty darn good. They’ve been through a few dozen wash cycles. I’ve also been impressed by the lasting quality of the DTG and Sublimation prints done on Epson machines.
But this last weekend I was a vendor/sponsor at a truck show, and I was less than impressed with the show shirts, which were DTG although I don’t know the specific machine. There is also operator skill to consider: shirts need to be properly prepped for DTG, and that’s a step that can have some serious shortcuts in production, which translate to a low-quality product.

2 Likes

Finding out what system each company uses is a whole new line of research…I wonder if most even have that info available. Hmmmmm

I hear you about the prepping. I complained about one that literally failed in the first wash, and clearly someone who cared a touch more did the second since it lasted quite a bit longer…not long enough, but still noticeable.

Pre-treatment options… they are not all created equally!

2 Likes