I may be sick....package damaged in delivery

I’m all psyched up for Glowku’s arrival after I get the email with the tracking number. So of course my first action is to check the tracking info. Then what to my surprise do I see but this…

I think I may be sick and I can’t bring myself to picture a package delivered by Ace Ventura at my door. I’d like to know what to expect when I get home tomorrow as it’s due to arrive then. Well, one of the 2 packages are due to arrive tomorrow. I don’t know it it’ll be the crumb tray or the Glowforge but I’m hoping that if anything the crumb tray is the one damaged. :frowning:

EDIT What do I do if my Glowforge arrives broken?

1 Like

If it was damaged, trust me, it’s better that UPS calls it and communicates with Glowforge Directly. My first unit was damaged, but in a way I couldn’t see until I had moved the sucker to my upstairs workspace, opened the box and unpacked it. I had to submit a warranty request, repack the unit, move it downstairs again, and take it to a FedEx facility.

So I can totally sympathize with delay on getting your Glowforge, but definitely better for UPS to find out than you!

4 Likes

Glowku, as in…

Sorry about the extra wait, but love the name!

3 Likes

Well that’s cruddy. :neutral_face:

I’m so sorry

Yep, but more like…

Glow-ku%20copy

This will more or less be my escutcheon. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Unless they’ve changed something, you should be able to tell which is which based on the weight. IIRC, glowforge as 79lbs shipping weight and crumb tray was… 14, I think.

4 Likes

Simply post the problem here in this section (a new post, not in this thread) with pictures of the damage and the company will get right on shipping you a replacement.

5 Likes

Oh no! I’m sorry to hear that the shipping company didn’t handle your Glowforge delivery properly.

I’m looking into the status of your packages with UPS–I’ll update this thread when I have more information.

3 Likes

Thank you so much Semhar!

@semhar Any luck?

Thanks so much for your patience!

I’ve followed up by email with information on replacing your Glowforge, so I’m going to close this thread.

2 Likes