I need help printer is not cutting correctly or engraving

image image image why is my glowforge not cutting through and engraving how it’s supposed to?

Support will need a little more information to help you. What material are you using, and what settings? Did this just start, or has it always been this way? When was the last time you cleaned your lens, windows, and mirror? Is your material pinned down nice and flat?

If you want to save time, cut a Gift of Good Measure on PG medium draftboard and post photos of front and back. They’ll need that to do their troubleshooting.

3 Likes

I am using the basswood plywood and I’ve used the same settings I’ve used in the past. I’ve cleaned it also.

Hi Leslie, You will need to provide the specific settings you are using, and, or a screen print of them. Also, have you cleaned all of the lens windows and mirrors. I find that several people have missed the one on the left side of the machine that’s on the gantry.

Just as a note for thought. i sometimes slow the speed by 10-15 units when I see the machine not actually cut all the way through in certain areas. This in not a fix for my problem, just a work-around until I can properly clean the machine. Let us know if any of this helps.

If no, you’ll need to print the Gift of Good Measure as @geek2nurse as described above

Best regards,

Mike

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re running into trouble. I’ve extracted the log files from your Glowforge to review your most recent prints, and compare it with the details you’ve provided.

As @geek2nurse outlined, our first step is to review the Gift of Good Measure print on PG material, so that we can extract the logs and review the print. When you have a moment, Could you please do the following?

Turn off your Glowforge, then turn it back on

We included an extra piece of Proofgrade Draftboard with your materials shipment for troubleshooting. Place Proofgrade Draftboard in the bed and load the Gift of Good Measure design.

Set the score and engrave steps to ‘ignore.’ Print the Gift of Good measure using the default settings. Allow the print to finish.

When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture of the bed updates.

Check the completed print:

If the Gift of Good Measure fails to cut, please let us know the date and time of the print

If the Gift of Good Measure cuts successfully, please try another print of the design you saw the issue with, and let us know the results.

If the issue still occurs, please let us know the date and time of the finished print.

Let us know how it goes!

Hi @kutacakes, I think you may have posted on the wrong thread–?

It is possible that your set focus beam missed the material and measured at a point where there is not material, thus giving you the thickness error. As @geek2nurse noted, you have posted this photo in the wrong thread and probably won’t be see by the right people.

Yeah you’re right. I had several windows open trying to figure out how to get my machine fixed again.

I tried cutting the thick clear acrylic and it did not cut through and thank you I will try that

I see you’ve emailed us about this, and we’re working on this with you there, so I’m going to close this thread.