I need my space... 6ft of it! #homemade

IMG_3045

Just a little something… I was wondering how one would know the correct distance to keep. I looked up what font size one would be able to read from 6ft. This page gave me an answer. Of course this is a bit subjective. I ended up using Helvetic font, 16 pt. I could no longer read it at 4.5 ft - I have been using my ipad wayyyy too much. My husband however can still read this at 6 ft, although it took a little effort.

Do with it as you please…
6ft.svg.zip (8.4 KB)
6ft.pdf (15.7 KB)

31 Likes

Awesome! :smile:
(I was actually noodling with the idea of bringing back the farthingale.)

6 Likes

That thing that sticks out underneath Victorian clothing?
First I thought of taping two yard sticks together and putting a sign on that. A hula hoop came to mind too… It seems simpler just not to go anywhere so you don’t run into anyone.

4 Likes

I hope this works better for you than mine did.

5 Likes

Maybe larger text. :smile:

3 Likes

Of course people could be coming in closer just to read it…

6 Likes

Exactly what happened to me!

2 Likes

That just proofs we need a 6ft polity stick!

3 Likes

This totally reminds me of that movie Five Feet Apart (where the two teenagers with CF meet in the hospital and fall in love but have to stay five feet apart).

And, rabbit hole: I haven’t seen it yet. :smiley: We have a free trial of Showtime and I wonder when it ends - this is on Showtime this weekend. (The free trial probably ends tonight or something. Ha.)

4 Likes

Nice!
I had a boss tell me once, don’t ever think people read signs. If they do read it, doesn’t mean they’ll understand it. ::sigh::

3 Likes

Haven’t seen that either… sounds like fun!

1 Like

Too true!

1 Like

We could use a hockey, stick like seen being used by Canadian reporters.

7 Likes

I genned up a rubber band gun. The distance a rubber band will fly is dependent on how far you stretch it so it’s easy to adjust the hook you stretch the band over to the amount of stretch that will let the band fly only 6 feet. The problem I found was different rubber bands need different stretch so the bulk assorted bag of rubber bands from Staples isn’t a good source of anti-personnel ammo. You’ll need a bag of uniform rubber bands.

They are really low velocity so even the folks impinging on the 6ft space won’t get hurt.

And you get to shoot rubber bands at people :grin:

5 Likes

Clever!

I should make a little hang flag along the lines of “6 foot Enforcer” :slightly_smiling_face:

Waiting on a new bag of rubber bands from Amazon. For some reason it’s subject to shipping delays because they’re not considered essential supplies :man_shrugging:

Way too much time on this. But, shooting people with rubber bands :wink:

3 Likes

I found that clearing my throat like I’m just about to cough seems to do the job.

6 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

This is what I would need to go out in public. :smiley:

1 Like

LOL I have allergies and I could probably pull this off pretty easily.

2 Likes

We have NERF guns at my hardware store for every employee plus a few extras for favorite customers… and NERF ammo is hidden throughout the store so as employees achieve their cleaning details or back stock tasks, they find ammo refills. LOL.

Usually we save the battles for when things are quiet but yesterday I brought up the idea for enforcement of social distancing. It was met with nervous laughter. Eh…

I find that acting like an over-caffeinated spaz also makes them keep their distance.

9 Likes